Alec Baldwin finally handed over his iPhone to the authorities one month after the search warrant was issued.
Last month Santa Fe police released a authorization check to Alec Baldwin’s iPhone as part of their research on the deadly shooting on the ‘Rust’ video.
Alec Baldwin killed 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins and injured 48-year-old Joel Souza in a film set in Santa Fe, Mexico in October.
Baldwin was in contact with Santa Fe investigators but refused to turn on his phone so law enforcement officials could issue a permit in December.
“Any assumption that I do not comply with my request or order, or search warrants on my phone, is a lie. It is a lie,” Baldwin said in a shocking Instagram statement last week.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News that it now has a Baldwin iPhone… ONE month after the document was issued.
ABC News reports:
Alec Baldwin has handed over his phone to New Mexico authorities a month after the search warrant was given as part of an investigation into the “Rust” shooting, officials said.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News on Friday that it now has the player’s mobile phone.
Authorities say they want to monitor text messages sent as part of an investigation into a shooting in Santa Fe last year that killed filmmaker Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.
Researchers also want to capture photos and videos, emails, browser history, GPS data and more, depending on the document.